Former Custom Boss, Dikko Inde Goes Into Big-time Mechanized Farming …Acquires 20 hectares of land
Posted on October 20, 2015 || By: Global News
It is also hinted that Dikko Inde has employed workers for the farm. Not only that, Inde is also said to have agreed to pay his new workers handsomely. This is meant to be a step towards making them happy, loyal and above all for the successful day-to-day operations.
It would be recalled that Abdullahi Inde joined the Nigeria Customs Service in 1988. He had served in various customs commands including Seme Border, Tincan Island Port, Apapa, Imo Command, Kaduna, Badagry Area Command, Investigation and Inspection Headquarters, Abuja Badagry Area Command before he was appointed as Controller-General of Nigeria Customs Service on 26th August 2009. He had played a significant role in the transformation of the Nigeria Customs Service. He has also won several awards including:
* Member of The Federal Republic, MFR, awarded by the president of Federal Republic of Nigeria
*Officer of the Federal Republic, OFR, awarded by the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
* Best Anti-smuggling Command of the Year (2007) awarded by the National Council of Managing Directors of Licensed Customs Agents
*International Freight Forwards Association Award of the Highest CAC Revenue Collector of the Year (2007).
* Badagry Prime Award for Excellence (2007).
* Maritime Watch Outstanding Service Award (2007)
* Bold News Africa International Magazine’s African Leadership Icon Merit Award (2008)
* African Leaders of Integrity Merit Award 2008.
* Africa Gold International Communications Award for Great African Patriotic Achiever’s (GAPAGA) 2008.
* African Age International Leadership Gold Award for Excellence.
* African Choice International News Magazine Award for Meritorious Award for Heroic Service, 2009.
* Transparent Monitoring Action’s Award for Transparent Administrator of year 2009.
* Globalink International 2009 African International Role Model Leadership Gold Award for National Development.
*Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa Inspirational Leadership and Good Governance Award, 2009.
*Maritime Reporters Association of Nigeria’s MARAN Award for the Most Outstanding Customs Administrator, 2009.
* National Association of Government Approval Freight Forwarder’s (NAGAFF) Peace Award 2009.
With these achievements, Abdullahi Inde has really shown that he has done his best for the Nigeria Customs Service and deserved additional financial input after retirement.