Lagos State Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu said on Friday that there is no need to be alarmed after hearing reports of a potential attack on the state.
After the Status Security Meeting, Sanwo-Olu assured reporters at Lagos House Marina about the state of alert as reported by the commanders of the security units.
In order to protect public safety, he claimed that all security formations had been placed on high alert.
This is happening against the backdrop of the metropolis of Lagos reportedly facing security concerns.
The governor reported that the State Security Council had examined the situation at all of the state’s flashpoints and ordered increased vigilance to counter any impending threats.
”In the last three and a half hours, we discussed the current security situation in the state and we have reviewed where we are. We have our heads together and come up with a strategy that is assuring our citizens.
”Our men are alive to their responsibilities and they are ready to ensure the safety of lives and properties of our citizens is not compromised in any way.
”All of the security agencies have been activated not to cause panic; they have been reassured of not only the support of the state government but they also have been encouraged to be vigilant in their statutory responsibilities,” he said.
Sanwo-Olu urged the locals to uphold the law and to immediately report any suspicious activity they saw in their neighborhoods and surrounding them.
He advised the citizens to cooperate with the government in containing any dangers that would potentially disturb the calm in the state, stating that security remained everyone’s job.
“I urge our citizens to carry out their legal obligations and uphold the law.
Security is a concern for everyone. We kindly want our citizens to help us in this endeavour and report any suspicious activity they see going on around them, Sanwo-Olu said.